68 SQN RCT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry

+5
Alan
Ken Sharples
Val
DaveH
Alex
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry Empty Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry

Post by Alex Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 am

Hi to all forum members.

My name is Audrey but most 68'ers rmemebr me as Alex, I served in the Sqn from Jan 90 to Dec 93. I am presently running with the reunion for next year on the facebook group and so far it has generated plenty of interest. I understand that dates and venues will not suit everyone but I will endeavour to meet some of the troops needs. Below is what is already on the Facebook event description and I will update Facebook and the Forum as and when dates and venues are confirmed.

Reunion - UK

This reunion is for all past members of 68 Sqn RCT. Partners are also welcome to attend this reunion.

The Midlands area would allow the majority of individuals to attend the reunion without having a major journey (England) pre or post event.

If you have a preference or know the area then please also speak up as this will help to narrow the accommodation availability searches down and can also assist in finding a suitable venue.

Dates:
1. Spring Bank Holiday - 31st May 2010
Dave Todd has suggested Spring Bank Holiday in May. This is the same month as the Army V Navy at Twickers which is on the Early May Bank Holiday weekend of the 3rd.

2. Summer Bank Holiday - 30th Aug 2010

If you would like to attend the reunion could you please indicate (via the wall on this event) what Bank holiday date is your preference, especially if you are planning to attend the Rugby in May as two major socials in the same month may not suit everyone. The date of the reunion can be set by the Bank holiday that generates the most interest. I also note with interest that 3 Div are having their reunion in March and that some ex members are back in scool and don't finish till June/July 2010. Therefore August may be a more convinient option?

I look forward to feedback and suggestions; please circulate this event to as many ex 68'ers to ensure maximum coverage to ex 68'ers who are not on this forum of Facebook.

Regards
Alex

Last edited by Val on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated thread title)
Alex

68 Sqn posting dates : Jan 90 - Dec 92
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry Empty Re: Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry

Post by DaveH Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks alex you can count me in on August bank holiday regards dave. Will also confirm by facebook but only go on there about once or twice a week.
DaveH
DaveH

68 Sqn posting dates : 1969 TO 1972 only supposed to be 2 mths attachment best 2 1/6 yrs posting i had left there for perm staff Sandhurst.
Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-30
Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry Empty Re: Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry

Post by Alex Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:12 am

We have a date, location and venue.

I will get all the information up on the site in the next couple of days.

phew... ;O

Regards
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 am

This reunion is for all past members of 68 Sqn RCT. Partners are also welcome to attend this reunion.

Date:
Saturday 28th August - 30 August 2010 (Summer Bank Holiday)

Accommodation:
Work in Progress ;O)

Firstly I would like to thank Dave Greig for giving me a heads up on a venue. Mucho thanks Dave.

I spoke to the Manager of the Albany Club this morning. To book a private function room would cost a deposit, however we (68 Sqn) are being given entry to the Albany *free of charge* on Dave Griegs membership (Big it up for Dave). All we have to do is ensure that he (the manager) has a list of all 68 Sqn troops and partners who are attending the reunion. If your names not down then you cannot gain entry ... simple as.

The Albany has undergone a major refurb in recent years (check out the link on this reunion page) and has:
a concert room upstairs, a lounge, a bar, outside patio seating with two smoking areas. It has live music, jamming, karaoke sessions each/most weekends.

Due to other RCT reunions (3 Div & 21, 66 Sqn that I know of) being held in March and April. The Army v Navy Rugby is also in May it was felt that the August Bank Holiday may reduce the bottle neck and aleviate the costs for some members of this group who are torn between other reunions and the rugby.

I know this date may not be suitable for everyone and I can only apologise in advance, however it is a few months and personal plans may change which enable attendance to this reunion. It would be great to see as many troops there as possible.

Accommodation information to follow soon

Regards
Alex

I have attached links of the Albany Club, Earlsdon and a google map on the Facebook site. I am not sure how to attach links on this site. Val do you know how to attach website links?

Yep. Here's the link. Val http://www.albanyclub.co.uk/

Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry Lounge

Also is there a way in which a generic email can be sent out to all forum members regarding this reunion?
Much thanks Alex. Yes. sent today. Val

Last edited by Val on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated by Val)
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Alex wrote:This reunion is for all past members of 68 Sqn RCT. Partners are also welcome to attend this reunion.

Date:
Saturday 28th August - 30 August 2010 (Summer Bank Holiday)

Accommodation:
Work in Progress ;O)

Firstly I would like to thank Dave Greig for giving me a heads up on a venue. Mucho thanks Dave.

I spoke to the Manager of the Albany Club this morning. To book a private function room would cost a deposit, however we (68 Sqn) are being given entry to the Albany *free of charge* on Dave Griegs membership (Big it up for Dave). All we have to do is ensure that he (the manager) has a list of all 68 Sqn troops and partners who are attending the reunion. If your names not down then you cannot gain entry ... simple as.

The Albany has undergone a major refurb in recent years (check out the link on this reunion page) and has:
a concert room upstairs, a lounge, a bar, outside patio seating with two smoking areas. It has live music, jamming, karaoke sessions each/most weekends.

Due to other RCT reunions (3 Div & 21, 66 Sqn that I know of) being held in March and April. The Army v Navy Rugby is also in May it was felt that the August Bank Holiday may reduce the bottle neck and aleviate the costs for some members of this group who are torn between other reunions and the rugby.

I know this date may not be suitable for everyone and I can only apologise in advance, however it is a few months and personal plans may change which enable attendance to this reunion. It would be great to see as many troops there as possible.

Accommodation information to follow soon

Regards
Alex

I have attached links of the Albany Club, Earlsdon and a google map on the Facebook site. I am not sure how to attach links on this site. Val do you know how to attach website links?

Also is there a way in which a generic email can be sent out to all forum members regarding this reunion?
Much thanks Alex

Great work Alex. If I can find something to do with my daughter and the puppy that weekend i may try and make it Very Happy
Val
Val
Admin

68 Sqn posting dates : 83-84 and 87-88
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-12-14
Aquarius

http://www.hannaholly.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:46 pm

PS. I'll send your message out to all forum members as a newsletter
Val
Val
Admin

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveH Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Well done to you alex and dave. You can put Me and the wife down for it. I will be speaking to paddy and terry McGarr later on so i will tell them.
DaveH
DaveH

68 Sqn posting dates : 1969 TO 1972 only supposed to be 2 mths attachment best 2 1/6 yrs posting i had left there for perm staff Sandhurst.
Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:07 am

Thats Brilliant.

Much thanks Val for sending out the generic mail and I will get accommodation up soon but we have the main two items sorted; dates and venue!

As we get closer to the date of the reunion I will also collate a list of all who are attending.

Thanks you all for your support
Regards
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:08 am

PS:
I have also loaded up lots of photos on the reunion site from when we had the recce to JHQ in the summer.
Alex x
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:00 am

This reunion is for all past members (military and civillian) of 68 Sqn RCT. Partners are also welcome to attend this reunion.

Date: Saturday 28th August - 30 August 2010 (Summer Bank Holiday)

http://albanyclub.co.uk/

We have been invited to use this Club through Dave Greig's membership. Therefore we must be informed of your intention to attend the reunion. You will only gain entry into the Club if your name is on the attendence list. If your name is not down, then you cannot gain entry to the club.

We will not be privvy to our own private room but will use the facilities alongside the members of the club. However if you check out the Albany website you will see that there is plenty of room to accommodate us all.

Accommodation: This will be updated as and when more information becomes available...
Hotels:

The Village
http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/coventry/

Hylands Hotel:
http://www.hylandshotels.com/

B&B's / Guest Houses
To Follow...

Thank you all very much for the positive response that this reunion has been given.

Regards
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Sharples Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi Val - Yes, I am up for the re-union at Coventry, where I'm hoping to seeold mates.
Ken Sharples
Ken Sharples
Cpl Poster
Cpl Poster

68 Sqn posting dates : 1969 -1972 HQ BAOR Saddle Club (L/Cpl) + 1975 - 1977 Chief Of Staff's Driver (Cpl)
Registration date : 2008-12-17
Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:04 pm

sent to me via email. I have davies addy if you need it Alex

David Buckell
count me in for reunion probably dont know or recognise any body but any thing for a drink i was at 68sqn between 1972 - 1975
Val
Val
Admin

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:31 am

Hello again

Please find below some accommodation relating to the reunion next year.

ACCOMMODATION:
Hotels

The Village: http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hotels/coventry/
146 roomed hotel with health & fitness club .... swim, sauna, steam room etc , free to residents. Check out the website.

£65 bed & breakfast, per room per night (Sat & Sun nights). If you require an evening meal on the Sunday night then that is £80. These prices quoted are cheaper than the website deals, I have just done a check today 22/11/09.

DEPOSIT IS NON REFUNDABLE = £25 (secures a room for the reunion next year)

Recommendation: BOOK EARLY if you want a room at this hotel complex as it is a major wedding venue in the area and gets booked up early. when booking the accommodation
QUOTE: Dave Greig / 68 Sqn RCT Reunion to get the discount. If there are any problems reagrding the discount, contact Dave directly please.

Distance & Time from Albany Club to Village Hotel: 1 Mile, 3 mins in car, 19 minutes walk or longer if its two steps forward and one back (lol)!

Hylands Hotel:
Best to go through this website to book: http://www.eurobookings.com/

61 rooms available and currently doing reasonable (as in cheaper than the Village) deals through eurobookings website above. £69.00 for two nights.... NON REFUNDABLE.

Distance & Time from Albany to Village: 0.8 Mile - 2 mins in car, 15 minutes walk or any guess if its a stagger(lol)!

Ibis Coventry South:
http//www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-2094-ibis-coventry-south/index.shtml
51 rooms
Distance & Time: 3 miles from Albany, anything between 9 - 55 minutes (car-foot).

Ramada: http://www.ramada.com
Two nights = £130 on the internet (Standard double room - accessed 22/11/09)
Distance and Time = 0.7 miles, 2-13 minutes travel to Albany

Other sites to check out: Hotels - www.booking.com
Tourist information website - www.visitcoventryandwarwickshire.co.uk

There are too many hotels in the area of the Albany Club to mention. Dave and myself have tried to identify the few that we feel are in the closest proximity to the Club. It is up to everyone to book for themselves, the earlier it is done the cheaper it will be.

Once again a big thank you to Dave Grieg for his assistance in all thing Coventry and a big thank you to all who have shown a positive response regarding this reunion event.

Next year (Approx April/May) I will begin confiming names for the reunion to enable those attending to gain entrance to the Albany Club.

Any problems, concerns or issues feel free to drop me a message.

See you all at the Albany Club next year... Good times.Wink

Regards
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

Hi everyone
I hope this finds you all on good form in the new year. There has been a hicup regardign the 'deal' that Dave grieg got us at The Village. Thankfully Dave has gone down and 'sorted' it out and please find below his wall message from Facebook.

.... for any one booking into the village it is best to book by phone
the number is 02476719000 press option 2 then option 2 again
this should get you through to group bookings quote 68 sqn or me and you should get the deal any problemc ask for Nicola Appleyard events and meetings manager if you book online you may not get this deal so it is easier to phone in Hope there will be no problems.

Kindest regards
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am

Hi.
I have been asked to post on behalf of Frazer Thomson from Edinburgh, He is going to come to the reunion. His phone no is 0131 654 0103.
Thank you
Alan
Alan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry Empty Reunion August 2010

Post by stephenk Sun May 02, 2010 11:20 am

I will be attending the August 2010 Reunion, Just waiting for word back from a few mates to find out where they are staying in Coventry!

Looking forward to it, is there tickets for the event or do you just turn up on the night?

Stephen Kimmett. Reunion 2010. 28th -30th August. Coventry Lol
stephenk
stephenk

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Taff Morgan Thu May 13, 2010 2:39 pm

count me in at the reunion may meet some old friends hope accom is possible
Bryan Taff Morgan

68 Sqn posting dates : I was @ 68 fromapril1967 till late 1971, B Troop AMED and The Saddle Club and of course the joss house
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-21
Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Taff Morgan Fri May 21, 2010 4:45 am

Hi is there accomodation available for overnight stay?
Bryan Taff Morgan

68 Sqn posting dates : I was @ 68 fromapril1967 till late 1971, B Troop AMED and The Saddle Club and of course the joss house
Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveH Sat May 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Bryan Taff Morgan wrote:Hi is there accomodation available for overnight stay?
Hi taff check in page 1 there was a place to stay but i do not know if they have got any more room? Sorry i cant help you more.
DaveH
DaveH

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by smudger50 Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:10 am

Count me and Deaks in
smudger50
smudger50

68 Sqn posting dates : 1982#1988 A troop - J troop
Just a few names in my era
Micky Meehan John Storey Tam Comray Colin Miller {not a bad boxer} but i was too busy looking good. Pete Deakin Terry Hoagan{now down under}
Junior was my best man God rest his soul

Served 22 years Last 6 in Leconfield
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-06
Virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:51 am

Hi Everyone
Hope this message finds you all in good health. Just a gentle reminder of the reunion that is planned for all 68'ers being held at:

Albany Club (please don't be confused with the Albany Pub)
Earlsdon
Coventry

If you are planning to attend this event please confirm with me that you are by the following methods;
1. Put your name on the events wall (Facebook or this site) to let me know
2. Send me a reply to this message
3. Send me a private message

Please give me your names in full

Names are required to ensure that you can gain access to the venue.

PLAN:
Saturday 28th Aug - Timings 1900hrs for 1930hrs
Sunday 29th Aug - Timings 1900hrs for 1930hrs

If anyone has any questions regarding the event please feel free to drop me a message.

Kind regards
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Taff Morgan Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Alex, I amBryan Taff Morgan I and my wife will be attending on the 28th August

kind regards taff morgan
Bryan Taff Morgan

Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Name is down Taff Morgan
Regards
Audrey
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryan Taff Morgan Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi,is there a list of who will be attending the reunion?

cheers Taff Morgan
Bryan Taff Morgan

Aries

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveH Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:51 pm

All i can say Taff is pm alex she might have details. I know Ken Sharples is supposed to be going. I am a bit Pxxxxd off realy i have got to go to my sisters wedding the week before in cornwall. But i will deff make the one after. Hope you and the good lady and all the others that go have a good time have a drink for me taff Asbach and coke mit ice thanks (lol) Dont forget Audrey put me down for the next one thanks.
DaveH
DaveH

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next